The primary function of an air conditioner is to regulate your home’s indoor temperature. Moreover, if you call a professional HVAC contractor in Duluth, Lawrenceville, and Roswell, GA, for a regular air conditioner service, your cooling device will always remain in a sound condition. However, there are times when homeowners overlook or ignore having their devices serviced and maintained regularly.
It causes several issues with the system, including its freezing up. As the word implies, freezing up happens when the temperature falls within the system due to excessive dirt or blockage. It causes the evaporator and the condenser coil, the elements which cool down the air taken in, to get excessively cold and freeze over, turning into ice.
Why Does an Air Conditioner Freeze?
- One of the most common reasons an air conditioner will freeze is because the air filters are dirty. When the air filter is clogged, it restricts airflow and causes the evaporator coils to freeze.
- An air conditioner may also freeze because the thermostat is set too low. If the thermostat is set below 65 degrees, it can cause the evaporator coils to freeze.
- If the air conditioner is low on refrigerant, it can also cause the evaporator coils to freeze. If your air conditioner is freezing, check the air filters, thermostat settings, and refrigerant levels. If you need air conditioning repair Duluth, Roswell, and Lawrenceville, GA? Contact us.
Cleaning the air filters and changing the thermostat setting may fix the problem. However, if the problem persists, you may need to call a professional to service your air conditioner.
What Should You do If You Find Ice on Your Outdoor AC Unit?
If you find ice on your outdoor AC unit, you should turn off the unit and contact a professional for assistance. Ice on the unit can indicate a problem with the unit that may need to be repaired.
- The evaporator coils are frozen
- There is a refrigerant leak
- The condenser coils are dirty or blocked
- The outdoor unit is installed in an area that is too shady or sheltered
- The air filter is dirty
- The thermostat is set too low
Are you looking for a professional expert in Atlanta air conditioning replacement? The experts at JE Mechanical HVAC are here at your service to solve all your AC issues. To know more, call us at 470-239-1411.