AC Replacement in Duluth, Roswell, and Alpharetta, GA, And Surrounding Areas
While the winters tend to be moderate with only a couple of months of truly cold weather and the occasional snowstorm, the summers are swelteringly hot and the humidity seems to hang in the air. In the hottest parts of the summer, you find yourself and your family hanging out in the house with the air conditioner running full blast.
There may come a time when you need services of AC replacement with AC repair Roswell, Duluth, Lawrenceville, John’s Creek, GA, Alpharetta. Here are some things to consider.
Factors and Signs That It Is Time for an AC Replacement Duluth, Roswell, and Alpharetta, GA
Most air conditioning systems last between 16 to 20 years. However, there will come a day when you need to replace it. This is a major expense so you want to consider the factors and notice the signs that it’s almost time for an AC installation Roswell, Duluth, Lawrenceville, and Johns Creek, GA. Here are some things to consider:
- Age: Although your air conditioner seems to run fine, if it’s over 20 years old, you might consider replacing it. You don’t want it to just die on the hottest day of the year.
- More frequent repairs that seem to cost more each time: As it ages, your AC will begin to fail almost part by part. You’ll find yourself calling for service more frequently and that the repairs are becoming more expensive.
- Significant Increase in your Electric Bill: As your air conditioner nears the end of its lifespan, it loses a lot of its energy efficiency. It begins to run harder and hotter to deliver the same amount of air.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance can help extend the lifespan of your air conditioning system. If you haven’t had a technician inspect your unit each year, you may find that you need to replace the unit sooner.
Things to Consider When Selecting a Replacement Air Conditioner
Now that you’ve decided to replace your air conditioning unit, you need to select the best unit from your home. Air conditioners aren’t created equally. You need to find the best unit to fit your price point. Here are some things to consider:
- Price: While you might think this is easy — you want the least expensive model — that isn’t the case. You need to weigh the cost against longevity and also against energy efficiency. You may find that paying a little more up front saves you enough money on your utility bills over the years that it costs less overall.
- Size: Air conditioning units come in a variety of sizes. If you have a large home, you want to ensure that you get a unit that’s large enough to cool your entire home. In some cases, you may need one unit for the downstairs and one for upstairs. When you own a smaller home, you need a smaller unit so it doesn’t run up your energy bills.
- Energy Efficiency: It seems like each year, the manufacturers come up with new and improved energy-efficient models. You want to get a model with a high energy-efficiency rating to save money throughout the unit’s lifespan.
Reasons to Choose Our Company for an AC Replacement in Alpharetta, Georgia
We take pride in offering you the best service possible combined with high-quality work. It’s our goal to make you a long-term client. Here are some reasons to choose us:
- Full Range of Services
- Service to Commercial, Residential, and Multi-family Properties
- Licensed and Insured
- Finance Option for Qualified Customers
- Maintenance Plans to Keep your HVAC in Peak Working Order
- Discounts Available Online
- EPA Certification
- Leeds Certification
- EarthCraft Certification
- And more.
At JE Mechanical HVAC, Corp we strive to put your comfort first with quality work, transparency, and competitive pricing. If you think you might need a new AC, contact us now.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The average installation takes one or two days. The amount of time required is determined by the size of the system, particularly how many indoor air handlers must be installed inside the house. All air handlers need a mounting frame and a three ′ hole through the wall to allow power cables and refrigerant lines to pass through. The installation process will be more time-consuming if you have a large house with many air handlers in various rooms.
At a minimum, your air conditioner should be serviced yearly from early to mid-spring. However, it would be in your best interests to have your unit serviced in the fall for optimum performance. Regular servicing will help to ensure that your air conditioner is running as efficiently as possible and help to prolong its lifespan.
If you need an AC replacement in Roswell, you cannot replace just one part of your air conditioning system. This is because your indoor and outdoor units must be compatible with each other—including the coils and refrigerant—and that won't be possible when you only buy one new unit. So instead, your technician will diagnose what is wrong and estimate how much it will cost to repair or replace your unit completely.
The time it takes for an AC installation depends on the size of the unit, the type of ductwork and insulation, and other factors. Most central air conditioner installations take one to three days, depending on the specific project conditions.
Air conditioners are heavy and bulky, requiring careful maneuvering through tight spaces and stairways. An HVAC technician must be mindful of not damaging walls or floors during installation and avoiding any electrical wires that may be located behind them. This can cause installation delays if precautions aren't taken. Additionally, the technician may run into issues that require them to replace the ductwork or rewire the thermostat.
Installing central air without existing ductwork is more challenging than installing it with pre-existing ductwork. You'll need to purchase additional parts and tools for making these connections. The average project takes two to three days, but this can vary depending on your home and your chosen contractor. If you have existing ductwork, it will take less time because there are fewer steps in the installation process.
Whether a new installation or an AC replacement in Duluth, it typically takes around two hours to install an AC compressor. The installation is a complex process. However, generally, it will involve mounting the compressor unit to the wall or floor, connecting it to the refrigerant lines, and then connecting it to a power source.