When it comes to maintaining a comfortable living space, the HVAC system plays a vital role. As a homeowner, it’s essential to understand the components that make up your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system and how they work together to keep your home comfortable with the desired temperature.
At JE Mechanical HVAC, Corp, we employ the most skilled and experienced HVAC contractors in Atlanta, GA, to take care of your heating and cooling system. Our technicians want to help you make informed decisions about your HVAC system, so we’ve put together a guide to explain the crucial components of an HVAC system and its functions.
Main Components of an HVAC System
An HVAC system can be broken down into four main components: the air handler, the evaporator coil, the condenser, and the compressor.
• Air handler: This component is responsible for circulating air throughout your home. It includes the fan and the air filter, which work together to pull in air from the outside, clean it, and distribute it throughout your home.
• Evaporator coil: This component is located inside your home, typically in the air handler or furnace. Its job is to absorb heat from the air, which cools the air before it’s distributed throughout your home.
• Condenser: This component is located outside your home and works in conjunction with the compressor to release heat absorbed by the evaporator coil. The condenser converts the refrigerant from a vapor to a liquid, releasing the heat outside.
• Compressor: This component is located outside your home and compresses and moves the refrigerant between the evaporator and condenser coils.
At JE Mechanical HVAC, Corp, we understand how important it is to ensure that your HVAC system is functioning efficiently. That’s why we provide only the best heater and air conditioner repair in Roswell, and the Greater Atlanta area. Contact us today at (470) 239-1411 for more information on how we can help you keep your HVAC system running smoothly!
In addition to these four main components, an HVAC system may include several additional elements to help control temperature and airflow.
• Thermostat: This component controls the temperature of your home by sending signals to the air handler and compressor to turn on or off as needed.
• Ductwork: This component is responsible for distributing cooled or heated air throughout your home. Keeping the ductwork in good condition ensures the air is flowing correctly.
• Refrigerant: This component absorbs and releases heat from the air, helping your home stay at the desired temperature.
If you are in Lawrenceville, GA, and looking for HVAC companies Lawrenceville, GA, JE Mechanical HVAC, Corp has you covered. Our experienced technicians are dedicated to providing superior heating and cooling services, from repair to installation. Contact us at (470) 239-1411 for all your HVAC needs.