As temperatures rise, air conditioners have become necessary in our daily lives, particularly in hot and humid regions such as Atlanta, Suwanee, GA, and surrounding areas. An AC system is essential for keeping your home or workplace comfortable and cool during these hot and humid days. However, even the most well-maintained air conditioning system can develop problems, leading to breakdowns and malfunctions.
That’s where JE Mechanical HVAC Corp comes in. We are a reputable, experienced company providing top-notch AC repair in Atlanta, GA. In addition to that, we understand the significance of having a reliable and efficient air conditioning system, and that’s why we have a team of skilled technicians who can handle any AC issues that may arise.
Our team of experts provides efficient and reliable services, and we are dedicated to ensuring that your AC unit is functioning at its best.
We also have the necessary knowledge, tools, and experience to diagnose and repair any AC issues quickly and efficiently, ensuring that your indoor comfort is not compromised. With JE Mechanical HVAC Corp, you can rest assured that your AC unit will be back up and running quickly. Contact us today for all your AC service in Suwanee, GA.
What Are The Potential Split AC Issues and How to Troubleshoot Them
Below, we will discuss the 11 most common split AC problems and their possible solutions. Understanding these issues allows you to take preventive measures and avoid costly AC repairs in Atlanta.
- AC not cooling enough: One of the most common splits AC problems is when the unit doesn’t cool enough. This can be due to several reasons, such as a clogged air filter, low refrigerant levels, a faulty compressor, or a malfunctioning thermostat
Solution: A faulty compressor or malfunctioning thermostat can also affect the cooling performance of the AC unit. To resolve this issue, you can either clean or replace the air filter, check and refill refrigerant levels, and replace the compressor or thermostat as needed.
- AC not turning on: If your air conditioning unit fails to turn on, it might be caused by a blown fuse or a tripped circuit breaker. A faulty thermostat or a wiring problem can also cause this.
Solution: Check and replace the fuse or reset the circuit breaker, replace the thermostat, or call a professional to inspect and repair any wiring issues.
- AC making strange noises: If your AC unit is making strange noises like rattling, grinding, or screeching, it could be due to a loose or damaged fan blade, a malfunctioning motor, or a dirty air filter.
Solution: Tighten or replace the fan blade, replace the motor, or clean or replace the air filter.
- AC freezing up: Another common problem with split AC units is when the system freezes up, causing the unit to stop working. A clogged air filter, low refrigerant levels, or a malfunctioning fan motor can cause this.
Solution: Clean or replace the air filter, check and refill refrigerant levels, or replace the fan motor.
- AC leaking water: If you notice water leaking from your AC unit, it could be due to a clogged condensate drain line or a damaged condensate pan.
Solution: Clear the condensate drain line, replace the condensate pan if damaged, or call a professional to inspect and repair any issues.
- AC emitting foul odors: If your AC unit emits foul odors, it could be due to a dirty or clogged air filter, mold or mildew buildup, or a malfunctioning evaporator coil.
Solution: To resolve this issue, you can clean or replace the air filter, clean the evaporator coil, or call a professional to inspect and repair any mold or mildew buildup. Addressing this issue immediately is crucial, as the odors can harm your health and the AC unit’s efficiency.
- AC blowing warm air: If your AC unit is blowing warm air, it could be due to a clogged air filter, low refrigerant levels, a faulty compressor, or a malfunctioning thermostat.
Solution: Clean or replace the air filter, check and refill refrigerant levels, and replace the compressor or thermostat as needed.
- AC short cycling: Short cycling is when your AC unit turns on and off frequently. A dirty or clogged air filter, low refrigerant levels, a malfunctioning thermostat, or an oversized AC unit can cause this.
Solution: To resolve this issue, you can clean or replace the air filter, check and refill refrigerant levels, replace the thermostat, or call a professional to inspect and replace an oversized unit. Regular maintenance and inspection can help prevent this issue from occurring in the first place.
- AC not blowing enough air: Insufficient airflow is a common problem with split AC units and can be caused by a dirty or blocked air filter, a malfunctioning fan motor, or a ductwork issue. When your unit is not blowing enough air, it can cause uneven cooling and strain the system, leading to further problems.
Solution: Regularly clean or replace the air filter to prevent buildup and blockage of the airflow. If the problem exists, it may be due to a malfunctioning fan motor, which requires replacement by a professional technician.
- AC tripping circuit breaker: If your AC unit trips the circuit breaker frequently, it could be due to a faulty wiring connection, a dirty or clogged air filter, or an undersized circuit breaker.
Solution: If the issue is due to a dirty air filter, cleaning or replacement should solve the problem. However, if the circuit breaker is undersized, it will continue to trip until replaced with an appropriately sized breaker.
- AC smelling like burning: A burning smell from your AC unit can indicate a burnt-out motor or an electrical issue. Ignoring this problem can lead to significant damage and even pose a fire hazard.
Solution: Turn off the AC unit immediately and call our technician to inspect and repair any electrical issues or replace the burnt-out motor. Prompt action can prevent further damage and ensure your AC unit’s safe and efficient operation.
Contact Us Today
Regular maintenance and timely inspection are crucial to prevent split AC problems and avoid costly AC repairs in Atlanta. By understanding these common AC issues and their possible solutions, you can take preventive measures and ensure your AC unit operates smoothly and efficiently.
However, if you encounter any of these problems or other AC-related issues, don’t hesitate to call JE Mechanical HVAC Corp. As an experienced and reliable company providing AC service in Suwanee, GA, we are always prepared to provide our clients with optimal solutions. Contact us to schedule an appointment or learn more about our services.