As a homeowner, you understand the importance of keeping your air conditioning unit in top working condition. Not only does it keep your home and business cool and comfortable during the hot summer months, but it also plays a crucial role in maintaining the air quality in your home. Unfortunately, many homeowners make mistakes when it comes to maintaining their AC units, which can lead to costly repairs and replacements. With the expertise and knowledge of our HVAC contractors in Roswell, GA, JE Mechanical HVAC, Corp wants to share the top 8 do’s and don’ts of AC maintenance to keep your unit running smoothly.
8 Do's For A Healthy Air Conditioner
1. Change your air filter regularly: Clogged or dirty filters block normal airflow and significantly reduce a system’s efficiency. Depending on the type of air filter in your system, they should be replaced every 1-3 months.
2. Schedule AC tune-ups & maintenance: Our technicians recommend scheduling air conditioner tune-ups at least twice a year, once in the spring before warm weather arrives and again in the fall for winter preparation. Having our professional inspect and service your unit at least once a year can prevent minor issues from becoming more significant problems.
3. Keep your system clean: It’s essential to ensure your air conditioner is regularly cleaned and maintained. This includes removing debris, branches, dirt, and leaves from around the air conditioner unit and cleaning the AC coils and fins.
4. Check for leaks: Leaks in AC ducts can cause a loss of energy efficiency—and money! Check your air conditioning vents periodically for any signs of leaking or water damage. If you find any leak or issues in your system, immediately call the professionals at (470) 239-1411 for AC repair in Lawrenceville, GA.
5. Keep the area around your unit clear: Ensure nothing is blocking the AC unit, such as furniture, plants, or debris. Proper airflow and ventilation are critical to maintaining a healthy air conditioning system.
6. Check your thermostat: A malfunctioning thermostat can lead to inefficient air conditioner performance and higher energy bills. It is necessary to ensure that the thermostat is checked often and calibrated.
7. Check AC vents: Ensure all air conditioning vents throughout your home are open and clear of any obstructions. It can help ensure you get the most out of your air conditioner.
8. Test AC condensate drains: The AC condensate drain helps collect and remove extra moisture from the air. It is essential to regularly inspect and test these drains to make sure they are still in working order.
8 Don'ts for a Healthy Air Conditioner
1. Ignore strange noises or smells coming from your unit: Whether it’s a peculiar sound or an unusual odor, never ignore any warning signals from your air conditioner unit. It could be a sign of an AC malfunction or something more serious that requires AC repair. If you reside in Lawrenceville, GA, and require AC services, contact our technician immediately.
2. Proceed with AC repairs by yourself: Unless you are an air conditioning professional, don’t attempt to perform DIY AC repairs independently. Not only can this damage the unit even further, it can also void the warranty and cost you more money in the long run. Call us at (470) 239-1411 today if you are in Lawrenceville, GA, and need AC repair.
3. Postpone regular AC maintenance: Regularly scheduled air conditioner maintenance is essential for preventing costly breakdowns and ensuring optimal efficiency throughout the life of your system.
4. Neglect professional installation: Installing an AC unit is a complex process that requires the expertise of our trained professional. Attempting to install it yourself can lead to improper installation, resulting in poor performance, increased energy costs, and potential safety hazards. Trust the experts at JE Mechanical HVAC, Corp for professional AC replacement and installation services in Duluth, GA, to ensure that your unit is installed correctly.
5. Ignore dirty AC filters: Dirty air filters can reduce the efficiency of your air conditioner, preventing it from cooling adequately and causing higher energy bills. It is better to clean and replace your air filter every three months, depending on the type of filter you use.
6. Fail to check for proper insulation: Poor insulation prevents cool air from entering the home, making it difficult for your AC system to work at its best capacity.
7. Cover your unit: Outdoor AC units should never be neglected, uncovered, or exposed. This reduces their effectiveness and can lead to AC malfunction. Ensure to keep them with a durable AC cover when not in use.
8. Block the airflow of your unit: AC units need proper airflow and ventilation to work effectively. It is recommended not to cover air conditioner vents or block the system with furniture, plants, or debris.
Schedule an Air Conditioning Service Today
Pay attention to the professional maintenance of your air conditioning system. Regular maintenance is crucial for running your system efficiently and preventing costly repairs. Schedule an air conditioning service today with JE Mechanical HVAC, Corp to hire a leading AC service in Lawrenceville, Roswell, and the surrounding areas in Greater Atlanta. Our team of experts will inspect and service your unit, ensuring it runs smoothly and efficiently.
By scheduling regular maintenance, you can:
• Prolong the lifespan of your unit
• Improve its efficiency
• Reduce the likelihood of breakdowns
• Lower your energy bills
Don’t wait until your unit breaks down or stops working correctly. Contact us at (470) 239-1411 to schedule your air conditioning service. Our team will ensure to keep you cool and comfortable all summer long.