Summer is almost here, and the sweltering heat and humidity come with it. Your air conditioning unit is heavily relied on during these hot months, but what happens when it starts to fail? One of the most common issues with AC units is low refrigerant levels. This can lead to various problems that can make your home uncomfortably warm and even damage your unit.
An inadequate refrigerant level can cause various problems, including blowing warm air, strange noises, freezing up, high energy bills, not cooling your home, and short cycling. It is essential to call our professional HVAC contractor at JE Mechanical AC replacement in Roswell, for AC service and repair if you notice any of these signs. Only a licensed HVAC contractor should handle refrigerant, so don’t hesitate to call us at (470) 239-1411 for professional and efficient service.
Here are the seven signs that your air conditioning unit is low on refrigerant:
1. Blowing warm air: The most obvious sign that your air conditioning unit is low on refrigerant is blowing warm air instead of cold air. This happens because the refrigerant is responsible for absorbing heat from the air inside your home and then releasing it outside. If there is not enough refrigerant, the unit will not be able to absorb enough heat and will blow warm air.
2. Making strange sounds: If your AC unit is making strange noises, it could be a sign that it is low on refrigerant. These noises can include hissing, bubbling, or even a whistling sound. These noises are caused by the refrigerant leaking out of the unit.
3. Freezing up: Another sign that your air conditioner is low on refrigerant is if it is freezing up. This happens when the refrigerant level is too low, and the unit cannot absorb enough heat. The coils inside the unit will freeze, which can cause damage to the team and make it less efficient.
4. Energy bills are higher than usual: If your energy bills are higher than usual, it could be a sign that your air conditioner system is low on refrigerant. An AC unit low on refrigerant will have to work harder to cool your home, which will use more energy and increase your bills.
5. Not cooling your home adequately: If your air conditioning unit is not cooling, it could be due to a low refrigerant. The system will not be able to absorb enough heat and will not be able to cool your home. This can make your home uncomfortably warm and can even cause damage to your air conditioner.
6. Short cycling: Short cycling is when your air conditioner turns on and off more frequently than usual. This can happen when the AC unit is low on refrigerant and cannot absorb enough heat. The system will turn on and off often to cool your home, which can cause damage to the unit and eventually increase your air conditioning bills.
7. Leaking refrigerant: One of the most common signs is that your AC unit is low on refrigerant. If you notice a leak coming from your unit, it is essential to call a professional technician at JE Mechanical HVAC Corp in Roswell, GA, for AC service and repair. Various factors, including a damaged hose or a cracked compressor, can cause the refrigerant leak.
If you notice any of these signs, call a professional for air conditioning repair in Lawrenceville, GA, and the surrounding areas. Low refrigerant levels can cause issues and even damage your unit if not taken care of properly. Don’t hesitate to call us at (470) 239-1411 for efficient heating and cooling services. We are here to help you and ensure your HVAC system runs as efficiently.
What can you do to fix a low refrigerant level?
If you notice any signs that your air conditioning unit is low on refrigerant, it is essential to take immediate action to fix the problem. Here are a few guidelines you can follow to fix a low refrigerant level in your AC unit:
- Call our professional HVAC technician: Our licensed HVAC contractor in Roswell, GA, has the knowledge and expertise to diagnose the issue and determine the cause of the low refrigerant level. They will also be able to repair any damage and refill the refrigerant in your unit.
- Have the refrigerant level checked: Our professional HVAC contractor will use specialized equipment to check the refrigerant level in your unit. If the level is low, they will refill the refrigerant and ensure that your air conditioning unit is functioning correctly.
- Check for leaks: If there is a leak in your unit, our technician will repair it and refill the refrigerant. This will ensure that your system runs efficiently and that a recurring leak does not cause a low refrigerant level.
- Schedule regular maintenance: Regular maintenance can help to prevent low refrigerant levels and other issues with your AC unit. A professional HVAC contractor can perform routine maintenance on your unit, including checking the refrigerant level and identifying potential issues.
JE Mechanical HVAC Corp serves the Greater Atlanta area. We are here to help you keep your air conditioning system running efficiently and keep your air conditioning bills low. Our technicians have the knowledge and skills to diagnose air conditioner issues and provide efficient solutions. Call us today at (470) 239-1411 to schedule an AC service in Roswell, Lawrenceville, GA, and the surrounding areas.